AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 3300 corn head questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 4/22/2009 21:26 (#689937 - in reply to #689819)
Subject: RE: John Deere 3300 corn head questions

While a 3300 would probably run a 4 row mechanically speaking. Weight wise I think it's going to be way too heavy. I ran a 443 on a 4420 for years and it made it plenty light in the back even with rear wheel weights.

Another thing to consider is machine capacity as well as grain tank capacity. A 4 row in decent corn and in longer rows can put you in a bind as far as unloading and grain tank capacity. For years I had to dump part of the bin at the far end then try to make it back through the field to dump a full bin on the truck and other wagon. Lot's of wasted time shuttling an auger wagon back and forth through the field when your a one man show.

I really disliked dragging the loaded wagon through the field and it really got interesting if it was soft and there was so much wasted time shuttling back and forth and unloading the auger wagon (pic below

Extra help was never an option so I did the best I could with what I had. Always managed to get done it just took a little longer. it was also a good lesson in learning to handle things by myself and thinking things all the way through. If you didn't you ended up with something at the wrong place or the wrong time.

From what you described unloading at both ends would make for even more of a challenge with your wet conditions. You can likely make better time with a smaller head and steady progress.

A 343 is a pretty nice match for a 3300 if you have 30 " rows.

A 2 row wide worked well on a 3330 too.

We had a 3300 before the 4420 and when we went to 30" rows from 38" rows in 76 we had to go from a 2 row wide head on the 3300 to a 3 row narrow 343 so the combine tires were not running right next to the next row.

You ought to be able to find a 343 for not too much money. I'm not 100% certain but I think a 343 could be used on a JD picker and I know several were used in this area on UNI machines for picking ear corn.

Don't let anyone discourage you with what your doing or how your going about it. Good folks here can offer experience and advice.

Good luck on making things work the way "you" need them to 

(Sudenga.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sudenga.jpg (38KB - 350 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)