AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 3300 corn head questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Robert in NY
Posted 4/22/2009 22:36 (#690090 - in reply to #689819)
Subject: Re: John Deere 3300 corn head questions

Thanks guys. I really fear the 4 row head will make the rear too light during transport. I had to stop hard once with the two row head and lifted the rear wheels off the road which is my main concern with a 4 row. I just need something wider so I am not driving in the same wheel track as my previous path. Since I have to buy the head to try it I will concentrate on looking for a 3 row unit. I am going to try and look for a 3 row wide unit as I fear a 3 row narrow will not move me far enough over from the previous track. One other thing I need to do is get wider rear tires as these narrow ones just sink and act like anchors. I don't mind running slow either as I don't have that much ground to really need to run top speed.

I wish I could no-till here but no-till isn't a very good option here from what I have been told by the guys who have tried it. We have to plow our ground to get the dark soil exposed so the sun can warm it faster. There is a lot of sand in my one field that gave me so much trouble last year so I am keeping the corn out of it for now and will either put it into hay or let it sit till I can tile it. We did get lucky and had a good freeze at the beginning of March and that allowed me to harvest the rest of the ground I couldn't earlier but the sandy field didn't hold enough moisture to freeze and we buried both mine and my friends machines in it multiple times(He has a 2wd NH with 30.5-32 drive tires) so we left it and I finished it this last weekend. The edges were shot but the center wasn't too bad as most of the corn was still standing in the center.

Thanks again for everyones help on this subject. It is appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)