AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 3300 corn head questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 4/22/2009 20:25 (#689849 - in reply to #689819)
Subject: RE: John Deere 3300 corn head questions

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
You probably have a 244 head at this time, you could go with a 343 which is 3 narrow rows, I believe mine is set at about 28 or 29 inches. 344's (3 wide) are also out there but I have never seen one in person, I don't think !!! No you will not be able to go with a 4 row, wide or narrow. 3 rows of good corn will have the 3300 snorting but it will handle it, slow but still moving.

If your still on that wet land their is only one big help I can think of and I hate to say it,,,,, you are going to have to no-till it and make it work. One farm I work is a wet one, actually have springs in the field, no-till is the only option, the ground will eventually firm up enough so you wont have to worry about sticking the combine. It is just poor, common ground and it is wet, I simply plant it, service it thru out the season with spraying and topdressing, take the 3300 back and forth across it in the fall,,,,,,,,,, Done. The rutting even straightens itself out over the winter months by itself,,,,,,,,,,, amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)