AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Semi transmission gear patterns?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deadduck
Posted 4/21/2009 01:07 (#687804 - in reply to #687537)
Subject: Re: Semi transmission gear patterns?

Northeast Louisiana
9 speed vs 10 speed - Like rweatherford said, the gear ratios are such that if you do use Low in high range, you are actually getting a lower or about the same as 4th. I often do use low gear in high range when downshifting, it's often just low enough to turn a corner without having to shift back to low range. The advantage to the 9 speed is that it can have a lower Low gear since it doesn't have to sync up in high range like a 10 speed does.

The 13 speed is my favorite transmission. Think of a 13 speed as simply a 9 speed with a splitter on the upper 4 gears. We have a Roadranger 13 speed, with the thumb splitter on the shifter knob. The way you shift ours is go through all gears in Lo range, shift to Hi range, bring the shifter over and up into the 2nd gear position, run that gear then split it by moving the thumb shifter up into OD and patting the throttle. Run that gear, then as you're bringing the shifter down for the next gear, bump the thumb shifter back down into Direct. Continue until there are no more gears left. Also, you usually can shift a 13 speed like a 9 and not split the upper gears. I don't split when I'm empty, just run through the gears then hit OD in the last gear.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)