AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Semi transmission gear patterns?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 4/20/2009 22:22 (#687537)
Subject: Semi transmission gear patterns?

Mid-Missouri
What makes a 9 speed different from a 10 speed. We have one of each in 99 volvo n-14 daycab set ups. The 9 speed doesn't use the #1 gear hole in the high range where the 10 speed does. Why can't we use that hole? Also, we just bought a 74 Chev. 90 with a 6v-92. It has a 13 speed but the door panel transmission gear pattern indicator doesn't match up with the tranmsmission handle which I don't think matches the transmission itself. The way I shift it is low range 123, then mid range starting at the #1 hole, then flip to high range, then mid range #2 hole, then high range, etc... to give you 13 speed. But, the tranny handle for example in the #1 hole states 1/4/9. If that was the case, I shift it from mid range 4 to high range 9. Also, what about the ranges. The door panel says low, direct and overdrive. The tranny handle says low, ind, and o.d. How many differences are there! The engine was an 8v-71 so the tranny may have been changed also. I could even have a 15 speed and not know it. I haven't tried hole 4 and 5 in low, and it did seem like a slight jump from low 3 to mid #1 hole. Also, is it hard on it to reverse in anything but low range? It is slow but mid is fast. The glovebox says 4.33 gear ratio. Thanks for the help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)