AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land Rental Ethics-How do you guys add acres?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 4/17/2009 20:51 (#683930 - in reply to #682894)
Subject: RE: 7150

Illinoisboy-

I fear you misunderstood what support I tried to lend to that thread. The information I have of ILLFF is their website and the news as reported, the same as is available to anyone with an internet connection. That's why I never directed my comments toward them specifically, although I'm afraid I was guilty of including them in the type of highly aggressive cash renters that I think is harmful to farmers as a whole. I did think you and some others believe very much like I do, that there was a logical argument to be made that this type of scheme forces cash rents to rise higher and faster than the market normally would, thus effecting those of us that "behave ourselves" when we do have an opportunity.

I can't agree with the position that other areas / states do not deal with the same problems; THEY DO. Competition is every where, and like it or not, keeps us competitive (honest). Believe me, I understand your fears as you watch these huge operations grow seemingly unabated. But take heart. Have you ever heard the saying "what comes around, goes around"? I have yet to see it fail. IF there is shady dealings going on, they will eventually do themselves in. If not, then they will succeed, whether I like it or not.

This forum is excellent at clearing the air on many subjects. I think it's because most opinions are given by posters that are not as close to the topic, thus can think logical, with little emotion driving their replies. Go read my post about the cop stopping my daughter for having tinted windows: http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=83837&posts=51... When one is emotional about something, it comes across loud and clear. You were emotionally driven. The first thing most of these guys on here want to know is the facts or supporting evidence; can't get upset about that. If that is not forthcoming, the thread will degenerate into a free-for-all pretty quickly. Entertaining to some and miserable for others. If emotion drives your posts, you'll end up in deep s@#t quick.

I'm not much help to you. I only tried to argue a position I could defend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)