AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lowboy trailer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 3/29/2009 09:51 (#660643 - in reply to #658506)
Subject: RE: lowboy trailer question

I've seen ngb trailers push the pad into an asphalt road that was more than enough to hold up the truck if it were not for the pad on the trailer. A lot of the time when we get loaded there is not enough space left on the trailer to run something away from the nose. Currently we've got a 53' Trail King triaxle and when you get some big loaders and track hoes on there it's full.

The only companies that run Witco trailers up here are the one's who buy based on price and don't even look at the specs. There have been multiple frame failures on their trailers in the KC area. All that I have heard about were traced back to defective steel used in the construction, seems that it was too brittle and would break instead of flexing. I'm told that is a mark of steel that is made cheap but I am not an expert on that.

As for a "on the fly" height adjustment, I don't think he meant on the go from the cab, but with any ground bearing we've ever had all we had to do was flip the pto in gear and go back and hold the hydraulic lever up and listen to the stops go clang, clang, clang and when ever it was high enough you were on your way again. No blocks to mess with and crush or fall out. If you still didn't get enough height you could also run up the height on the air ride in the back but most any trailer could do that if it was on air ride.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)