AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Close Calls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 11/4/2006 00:04 (#57888 - in reply to #57867)
Subject: close calls here too once in a while

just a tish NE of central ND
Lately the name ......Sauter (spell) comes to mind when I work under stuff, it still makes me shiver. The poor guy died under a vehicle.I believe he was removing a driveshaft to repair U joints .I dont know all the details , just enough to know what happened and the results!
A close and dear freind/family had a tractor crash through the garage door from a starter switch bypass this summer. No one was hurt luckly.The door was junk and the tractor needed repirs.The swather it was pulling stoped it from major in shop damage
.Once I had dad get caught in a power shaft of the sprayer. It removed his pants, tore his leather belt off and part of his shirt. He was sore and torn, but if it had not been for the sheild he would have been dead.
I remember being a kid and standing on the M tractor axle to go and pick rocks with dad and the loader. There was a hole in the road and I fell forward between the loader arm and back tire. We were going in road gear and skinned the heck out of my arsh and leg along with destroying some clothes.I remember dad had to back up to get me out and thinking I was going to die. Also remember dad cutting my uncles clothes off to get him out of the combine pickup drive shaf as the combine was still coasting when he got too close.His feet were off of the ground.
I once experienced a football sized rock coming out of the Degelman rock picker reel and landing on the fender of my open station 4320 jd.(much better than on my head)
My neighbors kid, when he was small would sit with his feet dangeling over the front of the combine cab on the roof top while he was riding on the JD???7720? combine.I raised hell aobut that immediatly when I saw it. One fast stop and he woud l have fallen in to the header.He thought it was cool.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 11/4/2006 00:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)