AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pros and cons of front mounted spray booms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 11/5/2006 10:41 (#58252 - in reply to #57616)
Subject: Re: Pros and cons of front mounted spray booms

Brazilton KS
I'm amused at all the complaints of the Hagie or Nitro getting covered with chemical residue.

All I can say about that is if you are running a rear mounted boom and your machine isn't covered in residue by the end of the season, you sure must not be using it very much.

I've never run a front boom, but I can certainly see advantages from an operator standpoint.

Re: spraying with the windows open: Fix the damn air conditioner, Einstein.

Re: supposed risks of spraying ag chemicals: Most of the products which we use are very benign. Some are not. If you don't know the difference and handle accordingly, you have no business spraying. If you smoke or chew and are worrying about herbicide residue.........

Re: Hiring it done to eliminate risk: Ron is right, to an extent, however consider the guy spraying with his windows open....he could hire someone who maintains his equipment and greatly reduce the potential exposure to anyone.

Re: spraying "too fast": I've hired several different guys who ran about 100 mph all day long, and they did a good job. Didn't leave many tracks, either.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)