AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pros and cons of front mounted spray booms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/4/2006 06:58 (#57918 - in reply to #57903)
Subject: RE: Pros and cons of....pesticides in general

Chebanse, IL.....

KB, I've often thought the same. Those that say "just hire it done" should make sure they tell the operator WHY they aren't doing their own spraying. Just say it's too damn risky for my health & you life isn't quite as valuable as mine. When it comes down to "you or me, it's gonna be you-I'm staying away....".

Now, if you don't have the knowledge or equipment, that's a different story. I know how to wire 110 & 220 electricity, but I leave the 7000 volt stuff alone.

Again, for those that don't know, very few of the pesticides we spray today have more than a warning label. However, some of the granular insecticides that we plant with have the worst rating offered....skull & crossbones. Aztec is a very popular & good working insecticide for the corn market here. We use tons of it annually.  

Should we hire someone else to fill the planter & dig up the seed to check for placement/depth?

I really doubt the exposure to the products has anything to do w/boom placement. I'd think epa would make chem companies put such info on labels if it were so.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)