AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To hexx with Ford
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 10/29/2006 09:58 (#56145 - in reply to #56131)
Subject: Re: To hexx with Ford

I put 100,000 plus thousand miles on my trucks. For the price we pay, I demand durability and reliability and convenient functions. I do not want something as antiquated or as cheap as manual locking hubs to have to contend with everytime I want 4x4 when run off road or pulling 10,000lbs beyond the factory limits behind my $45,000 WORK truck. We pay too much for these trucks to not have push buttons. I can't remember the last time I had manually locking hubs on anything other than my current and last Super duty. I know of no one who has ever complained about auto locking hubs. Anyone who does complain usually does so because of price, their complaints are either in jealousy or somehow justify the lower cost solution, as happens. We live in a puch button farming/industrial society (Auto-Shift OTR tranny, CVT off-road tranny, Auto-Locking hubs for 4x4's, climate control option in most off-road vehicles, Stereos with 6-disc CD changers and Sat. radio for tractors and combines, refridgerators in combines, etc.), get use to it. Who in the their right mind could be comfortable grabbing gears all day long on some old 4x4 tractor or operate an old quad shift when you can have a powershift or CVT?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)