AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hopper trailer - 102vs96 & 66vs72?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 4/12/2009 21:38 (#678236 - in reply to #678031)
Subject: Re: Hopper trailer - 102vs96 & 66vs72?

The short sided trailers are also harder to load, you have to keep pulling up and get it topped out front to back.

At the time we bought our first one we hauled a lot of wet corn into the dryer and wanted it tall enough to load and not have to push the piles down with the tarp. Since then we've been hauling some feed products in the winter and the tall sides are just so much nicer, plus you need them with things like mids etc.

We raise corn and beans and the only wheat we have on the trailers is from back hauls coming into KC, but they all load the same, put one pile in the front, watch your air guage and when it reaches a certain point, pull up, put a second pile in the rear hopper just in front of the axles, watch your rear air guage, shut it off when you reach your limit, and you're done, none of this pull up two feet, watch it, jump down and pull up again, get out and watch it....literally I might haul 30 loads before I look into the trailer and then it's just to make sure nothing is hanging up and not coming out. I never get up and look into a trailer when I'm loading unless it's DDG or Mids. or something like that where we have to get it fairly close front to back.

Next one we buy will be an 84x102.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)