AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on Fendt 926 please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

e_student
Posted 10/4/2006 12:59 (#48677 - in reply to #48560)
Subject: RE: Opinions on Fendt 926 please

good old Germany
Hey matt,
if you want to use your 926 for transportation, it would be a nice tractor. Over here in Germany, the Fendts are very popolar, especially contractors use them much to transport silage and manure, just now it's corn chopping is on here, and at the weekend I drove a 926 with a 22 ton, 40m² silage weagon. Because of the suspendet[??] front axle, it's more comfortable to ride with it's 50km/h [33mph??] than a 7910 Deere with it's 40km/h, especially on bad roads.
An other good job for the smaller 900 Varios is in my view powerinf a big square baler, you can choose allways the right speed to feed it and are fast to cahnge fields.

But Gerard, I have to correct you in one thing, profi or an other popular magazine here together with an institute compared 4 or 5 tractors. They found out that the Vario transmission on a Fendt and a small 6000er Deere had only a disadvantage from under 1 percent conpared to a powershift, and the efficiancy of all transmissions was around 85% ..they wrote only the old "double H" were better.
The fuell efficiancy of the 900er Fendt's is the best in that power range, they have a MAN engine, but which is verry "low cubed" compared to others.

An disadvantage, especially for tillage work, is the wight of the 900er, they are about 1,5 or more tons lighter than other 250hp tractors. Here in Germany most 900ers hae a front tree point, so they carry a wight there, I had 800Kg to run that tanden weagon, but in wet conditions over a ton would be better, and some farms have also iron wights in the rear tires.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)