AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on Fendt 926 please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 10/4/2006 08:18 (#48626 - in reply to #48560)
Subject: RE: Opinions on Fendt 926 please

Embarrass WI
Matt, I don't know the deal on the used one, but Vanderloop's has a fleet of Fendt's out on lease to L & M, as far as I know they are pretty happy. Lots less trouble than the MX's they had before. You might check with Vanderloop for a price on a new one, would give you a reference point for the value of the used one. I personally would lean toward a new one with a warranty, I would think any possible repairs could get pricey.

I talked to a guy who has a new Agco DT200 on order, sounded like it was a budget priced model of the Fendt, without some of the bells and whistles.

In my opinion, while a dollar is certainly a dollar, a main tractor should be a long-term investment and the initial cost is only part of the total cost of ownership/operation. I would focus more on service/support than color or a particular feature. For me, personally, I would bite the bullet and get a JD because we have 2 excellent servicing dealers in our area. Our experience with V-loop service for our Claas chopper has also been very positive, they should be good w/Fendts, also.

Edited by Tim in WI 10/4/2006 08:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)