AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Network Help with this problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 10/3/2006 11:55 (#48438 - in reply to #48433)
Subject: Only one user on each computer.

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Ed, I run xp pro on two of the wired computers, win 2000 on the other.  The laptop is the laptop version of xp pro.  I can always share files on the wired computers, my problem of intermittent use has to do with the laptop on the wireless connection.

I suspect the problem has something to do with how the laptop boots into the connection, as frequent reboots can sometimes allow me to get back to normal activity.  Still, it makes no sense that I can always see ONE of the wired computers with the laptop, and only sometimes see the rest of them.  I would think the connection would either be there or not be there.

It is very frustrating for me when preparing for a board meeting, I want to get my treasurer's numbers transfered to the laptop, and of course when I am in a hurry, I have problems with the connection.

I currently solve the problem by backing up to my daughters computer (which I can always see from the laptop) then get the numbers on the laptop from daughter's computer.  Awkward, but it works until I can solve the problem.

Edited by Illinois John 10/3/2006 11:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)