AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans in Western Canada
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Daylate
Posted 11/22/2008 05:41 (#513257)
Subject: Soybeans in Western Canada

I live an hour north of Regina SK and just booked a quarter of soybeans for the 09-10 season and was wondering if anyone had all sorts of info for me, or knew where to get it. I have not saw a field of soybeans within 50 miles of here.
Maybe it is the morphine I've been on for my shoulder surgery that is making me think goofy. The doctor did say to not sign important papers or make business decisions for the next week.
But seriously, the variety is from Legend seeds and is 0028 which is claimed to be only 105 growing days until maturity
If anyone has experience in colder climates it would be appriciated.
They are RR and will be double innoculated and sown with sweeps to warm the ground faster.
Should I blacken the ground before planting? What should the ground temp be before starting?
How deep do you plant them?
What is the seeding rate? Does it depend on soil or temp?
Will the seed split going through a regular air seeder like peas sometimes do?
Can i grow them on Canola stubble?
How susceptable to sclerotinia are they?
Is it true they grow according to daylight growing hours as appossed to corn with heat units?
I basically need to know everything, I can't find anything on the internet that would help with my regional concerns
I hate making mistakes the hard way because it makes it hard to stick around for the next year to learn mistakes the hard way again!
Any info is greatly appriciated,

thanx,

Daylate

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)