AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strapping down a vehicle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

3 To Go
Posted 10/14/2008 12:15 (#482089 - in reply to #481791)
Subject: Re: Strapping down a vehicle

Central Illinois
Got to share a funny story that one really had to be there for but. A now deceased friend of Dad's was on family vacation in the 4 door 93 Chevy dually w/6.5T. The 6.5 broke a cam and died north of Atlanta. He knew I had just bought a flatbed gooseneck so called and asked Dad to beg me to go 600 miles to get his truck--bring their new Bonneville for them to go about vacation (a 2001 Bonneville does load on an over-tires flatbed/beavertail with enough speed).

Picked up a friend and away we went (a couple of days before corn planting to boot). Loaded the dually and Dan (known thereafter as Dead Dually Guy) chained it down by the rear axle and front suspension (2wd). He then took a ratched strap and threw it over top of the cab. Friend with me couldn't hold it and asked just what in the h-ll he was doing (he hauls construction equipment for off farm job and was appalled)? Dan replied that he had to take the suspension bounce out of it for a safe ride home.

We got to our first potty break and my friend said "surely you're going to take that off?" I said nope and sinched it down a couple of clicks.

It barely scuffed the paint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)