AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Y Series vs. RR2Yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Nebraska
Posted 9/29/2008 11:04 (#471418)
Subject: Y Series vs. RR2Yield

NE Nebraska
I am curious what you think or know about these new beans.

Monsantos' "RR2Yield" beans claim to have a 7-11% increase in yield over old Asgrow RR1 varieties, by inserting the RR gene in a new location. Isn't it a coinsedence that Monsanto was able to develop this at the same time the patent will run out on RR1 beans. Monsanto has alway been good at putting a spin on the truth and fooling the farmer.

Pioneer has released their "Y Series" line of beans which utilize the AYT- Accelerated Yield Technology. This is a patented process that allow them to identify and align genes, traits, and characteristics that protect and enhance yield. They claim to have a 5-10% yield advantage over the competition in over 1800 on farm yield trials. This process can double and possibly triple the rate of genetic gain in soybeans. To me this sounds more realistic, especially since they are starting with a better bean in my opinion.

What else have you heard about these new beans, and does anyone have any information to back up what you have heard or seen. I think that natural genetic gain is going to account for some of the yield increase for both companies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)