AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random thoughts on custom spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon S
Posted 9/24/2008 06:39 (#468107 - in reply to #468026)
Subject: RE: Random thoughts on custom spraying

I really don't think we are competing with the cash and carry. Most of those people don't want what we offer which is fine for now. I hate the word service because I think it is overused, but we are a full service retailer. That is to say, we support precision equipment, and the sales reps scout and service (NMP, EQIP, etc) accounts. Consultants have not made much headway in our area, so the total package price of our products include those services. Maybe some day that will change as more guys get there own sprayer. I predict it will.

It's none of my business how the owners of the comapny I work for decide to price things and I really coudn't care less. If the formula stops working, I'm pretty sure I can find something else to do.

I'm curious what the application fee is in your area or a better question, what you think it should be as well as a reasonable chemical markup? As Marc indicated, we (retailers in our trade area) have pretty awful efficiency problems so it's probably not fair to compare rates. Traffic and development are probably the main problems.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)