AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flow delay on 2388
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 9/21/2008 22:16 (#466142 - in reply to #466073)
Subject: Re: Flow delay on 2388

South central, Nebraska
The map on an AFS UDP has such poor resolution that it is extremely difficult to distinguish the different levels of gray next to each other. I never had much concern with the map in the combine because I do the map analysis in the office after harvest.

The old Ag Leader 2000 was very close with all the delay defaults. The SMS software generated very defined maps and, all the combine settings were available to edit and reprocess. The AFS Universal Display Plus data has not produced good maps for analysis as of yet (last two years). The flow delay is not available to edit and reprocess with SMS software. Ag Leader support told me the AFS UDP records the data in a way that SMS CANNOT edit flow delays and reprocess.

You have a very good point. I have yet to hear a valid reason why data would recorded by AFS in a manner that does not allow corrections to be made post harvest. The Yield Editor program DG N. AL suggested will allow a flow delay correction to be made but I don't think I can get the file back into my SMS program.

At this point it seems I have taken a giant leap backwards with my yield mapping system. Nothing $5000 or so won't fix!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)