AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flow delay on 2388
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 9/21/2008 12:51 (#465732)
Subject: Flow delay on 2388

South central, Nebraska
I now have a new firmware version for the AFS Universal Display Plus in my 2388 that allows the Crop Flow Delay to be adjusted. The previous version did not provide this option and SMS software can not make flow delay corrections after the fact like it can with Ag Leader harvest data.

Problem is, you have no way to verify the crop flow delay is set correctly without harvesting some crop, down load the data to SMS, created a map, and guess if the delays are matching up on the start and stop of each pass. Once flow delay data is collected on the AFS, it can't be changed with an updated flow delay. There is only one delay setting for all crops.

The operators manual gives 10 seconds as the default setting. My monitor is showing 7 seconds. I have not changed the setting since it was updated. As stated before, the previous firmware did not allow this delay to be adjusted or even report what the delay time was. I am wondering if the current setting of 7 seconds was from the previous default?

The previous two years of maps from this monitor have been grossly off with the unadjustable flow delay so, I have two years of bad data that can't be fixed with SMS processing.

Now that I have the option to adjust crop flow delay, I am looking for what a CIH 2388 AFX rotor would likely have for a normal Crop Flow Delay setting in seconds???

I still will not be able to change the delay post harvest so I hope to get a good guess from the start.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)