AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible to have the Insight log gallons but not acres when turning around (manure application)??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/10/2008 07:39 (#456443 - in reply to #455785)
Subject: RE: Possible to have the Insight log gallons but not acres when turning around (manure application)?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Really the question boils down to what they are using on the Ag Leader side. Is it an Applicaton Rate module that just monitors what the system is applying or is it a Direct Command system where an Auxiliary Input module and Liquid Control module are being used?

My original assumption was that this was a tank situation where Direct Command was being used.

It now seems that my mental picture of the situation may have been incorrect.

Is this a dragline situation that covers 50'? If the manure is injected into the ground that would take some serious horsepower.

The Insight will allow you to fine tune the acres after the fact but not recalculate them. The applied acres can be observed and recalulated with PC software. I didn't think that the acres was the issue in this case.

In some areas the pit is measured and the volume computed before the job starts. The job is essentially bid based on these measurements.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)