AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AL Insight & grain cart scales??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/5/2008 06:46 (#452168 - in reply to #452153)
Subject: RE: More random thoughts - it's early

Chebanse, IL.....

In reality, is there any job that our home computer's do that couldn't also be done with a piece of paper & a pen, as long as speed isn't a problem? Including trading these thoughts....aka once-upon-a-time as letters?

My purpose would be to make it faster, easier, & more exact.

For some reason, our cart operator (often me) doesn't have time to stop & write anything.

Years ago, probably while Al Meyers was still working for Rockwell, I'd considered a printer for the cart scale. I think at the end of the season I'd have enough paper used to fill the whole cab on the tractor. Then, what would I do w/that paper? It has to be transferred to what? Yup, more paper or a computer. That would be one of the purposes of the Insight to SMS transfer. Kind of like the Insight does now when collecting data every 3 seconds (or whatever it is) & xferring to SMS in the form of a map.....which could be done w/pen & paper also.

When tractors first came out, I believe they were allowed only stationary type jobs, such as threshing or shelling. Then someone said, "hey....can't this thing also ____ (fill in blank)?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)