AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AL Insight & grain cart scales??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/4/2008 20:30 (#451812)
Subject: AL Insight & grain cart scales??

Chebanse, IL.....

We were thinking....wouldn't it be neat if an AgLeader Inisght could datalog info from grain cart scales? Maybe do away w/panel unit from scale altogether? You could just punch a remote switch & enter the loaded weight vs the empty weight (usually zero..or close to it) of "loads" & datalog loads & times in fields. I'm sure there would be some value to that. I think some folks use cart scales to record field bushels for landlord/tenant billing purposes, like storing a landlord's corn or something.

We have an Insight that has no job in the fall, so it could be utilized in the grain cart.

AgLeader product guys...can you get this done by fall of '08? If you start on it tonight, you'll probably beat JD by at least a year! Go for it!

Ted, I know you're shaking your head....but I'd like to get all the work we can out of an Insight. Probably will take a "weight module" or something like it to make the system fly. The only operator input needed would be to punch the remote switch (remember the Telex PTT??) to record full/empty. Perhaps the Insight could somehow recognize an empty cart from a full cart, thereby not needing operator input? I don't know-I don't have all the problems worked out yet....but someone will get it done, I'm sure.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)