AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex and 64-bit Vista
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 8/27/2008 21:08 (#444658 - in reply to #444292)
Subject: RE: Apex and 64-bit Vista

Farmman, I would highly recommend you follow the advice of the other posters on here to take your computer back and get one that has Vista 32 bit. If they try to push Vista Ultimate or Business on you for an extra price, don't fall for it. Just get Vista Home Premium 32 bit and you'll be fine for years to come.

If you have had the computer for a small enough amount of time that you'll be able to return it, that is by far the best way to go.

If you're ready to steepen your learning curve (a lot) you can buy Vista Home Premium SP1 32 bit for $99 of newegg. I can assure you that you'll learn a lot in the process, and I can assure you, you'll be pulling your hair out at times, but if you see it through, you'll be much more knowledgeable for it.

If you want to steepen your learning curve even more you can get Windows XP Pro SP3 for $140 on newegg. Finding drivers that work will be more difficult. However, you will probably run into less compatibility issues in the very near future once you get drivers figured out.

Anyways, by far the easiest solution and the most highly recommended one is to take it back to Best Buy and complain about them pushing a computer on you that isn't likely to be compatible with many programs that many people would want to use.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)