AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apex and 64-bit Vista
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmman
Posted 8/27/2008 15:50 (#444489 - in reply to #444324)
Subject: RE: This is where I am,...

Goff Kansas
and about ready just to throw this thing out the window.. What i have learned.. No APEX will not run on 64 via info from Stellarsupport for apex software.. need 32 -bit.. on your advice went back to Best buy, as they are about the only store around here that has the 32, and they suggested i talk to the geek squad.. Geek s informed me to install the 32 bit, I may possibly need extra drivers for say example my sound or viedo. I probably don't have these drivers because I did not buy the computer with 32-bit and I would have never gotten the drivers.. GEEK suggested to try to call Dell and ask them if they had a easier and less expensive solution. Got home and called dell, all to the surprise that dell will not service computers bought at Bestbuy and to call Geek.. I then called the central geek squad and they informed me to probably bring the computer in and it might be couple hundred dollars..

This is where i sit.. frustrated and an almost broken phone and a slightly dented wall.. (I am sitting here smiling now as I think back)

I think I like the suggestion of returning the computer back for a 32 bit one. Is that even possible I wonder If they are pushing the 64.

The other option would be to go to my Mothers office and use hers with xp on it, but am not thrilled at all about this.

Any other ideas would be appreciated..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)