AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Case DG N.AL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/27/2008 06:31 (#444163 - in reply to #444086)
Subject: RE: Trimble Case DG N.AL

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
For what it's worth I use an Insight with Direct Command and Injection on a tractor drawn pull-type sprayer. This Insight has autoswath and multi-product unlocked. The autoswath unlock is necessary for using the autoboom section shutoff feature.The muli-product unlock is necessary to use the Injection module. The injection pump is a Raven. This tractor does not have any assisted steering.

I have a Raven 500 lightbar from some previous situations in this rig also. I have the Raven 500 set to the SED or ROW guidance pattern. This is very helpful in finding the right row to pull in on. The Insight onscreen map set in the Zoomed In Coverage view confirms that I'm on the correct row.

The GPS is my case is a Raven Phoenix using WAAS. Other good guality GPS systems with two ports should work equally well. One GPS port goes to the Lightbar and the other to the Insight. The lightbar and Insight are really separate units with a common GPS source. Although they are separate their information compliments each other and reinforces my knowledge of where I'm at.

If I were buying a new SP sprayer I would use an Insight with Injection and still use a lighbar mounted out front. I would probably go with a Trimble autopilot coupled with a 332 GPS receiver. As has been mentioned, the Trimble Autopilot system must be run with a Trimble receiver (TSIP protocol).

I would probably go with a standalone Norac height control also. I am not sure of the status of the Insight CAN setup with the Norac equipment.

This would add considerable cost to an already expensive machine but you should have a very nice system when finished.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)