AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Case DG N.AL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Weedsqueezer
Posted 8/26/2008 20:22 (#443823 - in reply to #443785)
Subject: Re: Trimble Case DG N.AL

I use DC and autopilot in my 3320. I use the 3320 Row crop profile and like DG stated it ROCKS on straights, but if doing contours i need to cut my aggressiveness down to 80%. Or, If I were doing contours constantly i use the Broad acre profile. This seems to help. The problem with any Post sprayer with thin tires is they'll get sucked into knife marks, soft planter ridges etc. so you need it to make very aggressive yet small corrections to stay online. with the new Nav 2 firmware, the SPX profiles have speed compensated P-gain which helps tremendously but still At least "I" can't get my autopilot tuned to run 22 mph straight and 18 mph curves to satisfaction. seems one or the other. That being said where my settings are I am real happy with it. Straight runs are rifle shot straight and curves i need to slow down to < 12 for like a 2nd headland pass. We demo'd a 4930 deere last year and it wasn't smooth on curves either. but would run straight.

My 2 cents worth, 3320 insight direct command autopilot maybe sidekick injection. would make one heck of a tough machine to beat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)