AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Case DG N.AL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 8/26/2008 19:54 (#443804 - in reply to #443785)
Subject: RE: Trimble Case DG N.AL

Hillsboro, AL

Several loaded questions Mark!!!!

agboy - 8/26/2008 18:28

Did Trimble ever get the autopilot working good on the 44-3320's?

I have a 3185.  That is the smaller series.  They use a different steering valve than the larger series.  I don't really have any experience with the large series Patriots.  My sprayer is doing a pretty good job on straight lines.  But I am not happy with it on contours.  It is "too aggressive on contours.  Trimble finally came and installed some different cartridges in the steering valve.  That with a new vehicle profile helped the situation.  I have not heard any complaints on the larger series, but that does not mean there may not be any problems.  I would work with a dealer that you trust to make things right.

Will be running Insights if deal goes through, mostly on Waas.

Will Autopilot run on a WAAS only signal like the Ez guide 500?  can you get a Nav 2 with no GPS or just as cost effective to just get the 252/nav 2 combo?

Yes the Autopilot will run on WAAS, Omnistar XP/HP, or RTK.  Currently with the NAV2 you HAVE TO USE a Trimble GPS.  The NAV2 communicates by TSIP and Trimble receivers are the only ones with that format.  I would get a 332 (should be the same cost) instead of a 252.  The 332 has a yellow box with a keyboard and display like the 132 had.  You can configure the receiver without a laptop.  I assume that you are planning to use the AL Insight with direct command to control the product and steer??????

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)