AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disc mower
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

feelnrite
Posted 8/18/2008 10:43 (#437782 - in reply to #437632)
Subject: RE: Disc mower

northwest tennessee
I used to think Kuhn was the mower to have. My last one lasted 17 years and was good when I got rid of it. The one I have now is 5 years old and maybe has cut 1500 acres and has a cracked cutterbar. My skid plates have cracks in them the hydraulic hose broke the other day and pieces of metal that hold brackets on are breaking. It is not made like the other mower I had. I had no trouble with the old one to speak of. This mower I have now is a 700 HD. I am going to have to buy another one at some point and will look at other brands this time. I am running the one I have now and checking oil every 2 hours and putting 80-140 oil and either gun grease or corn head grease in the cutter bar. This slows the flow down enough that I can keep oil in it. I talked to a Kuhn rep and the dealer and they have not heard of this problem. Also talked to JD and they looked at their site where problems are listed on equipment and didnt see anything. But I talked to a welder that had seen one like this and said the whole cutter bar would have cracks in it and would open up with time and he is right so far. He thinks it was bad metal when poured in the mold.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)