AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Powercast Tailboard Straw Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ndarbuckle
Posted 8/17/2008 23:47 (#437520 - in reply to #436829)
Subject: RE: Powercast Tailboard Straw Problem

Ok guys thanks for the replies. Phil I did mean to say I angled them to left. I did find my problem, I had someone else run the combine so I could really see what was going on. One of the motors was plumbed backwards, and both rotors were spinning the same direction. Flipped a few hoses and put the fins back to were I had them and wow what a spreader I have now. Chad you were right, that thing is impressive. Phil thanks for the explanation of the holes I wondered if that would be the next place that I went for adjustment. Chad I saw the same thing, more residue was being thrown to the outside. I removed the diverter and now I have a perfectly even spread across the entire width of the machine. There was absolutely no wind tonight and I could really see the spread pattern and I could adjust it and throw just the width of the machine or more if I wanted too. The new 70 series chopper is impressive, I thought the 60 was good but this is impressive. OUr staw is very tough almost green, and it is still doing a outstanding job. The powercast is definetly worth the money.

Edited by ndarbuckle 8/17/2008 23:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)