AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Powercast Tailboard Straw Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Phil N
Posted 8/17/2008 17:46 (#437190 - in reply to #437108)
Subject: RE: Powercast Tailboard Straw Problem

Hi Chad, is it on a 60 series or a 70 series?

From past experiences with Powercasts, once you get material directed as evenly as possible into the chopper (see my previous post) lots of longer material is usually thrown to the outer edges of the spread pattern and most of the lighter residue is dropped behind the combine. As you mentioned, the longer material can present harvesting issues when thrown out into the standing crop, especially with strong side winds.

Unfortunately, I don't think removal of the shields (or divider as you termed it) will help much with this problem. In my experience, retarding the paddles will help position more of the heavy material behind the combine. This same proceedure may narrow up the spread width some also, so it won't spread as far to either side at a given spreader speed. Adjustments proceedures for the paddles had not made it into the last operators manual I looked at, but there are (i think) 4 different hole positions to bolt the paddles in (I have attached a photo below). Depending on where they are now, begin by angling 2 of the paddles back as far as possible, if that does not provide the desired effect, try angling them all back.

Let me know how this works or email me photos so I can see your set-up configuration.

Phil N

www.needhamag.com

Edited by Phil N 8/17/2008 17:49

(Powercast.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Powercast.jpg (84KB - 76 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)