AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Powercast Tailboard Straw Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Phil N
Posted 8/17/2008 08:34 (#436887 - in reply to #436829)
Subject: RE: Powercast Tailboard Straw Problem

Just to make sure you wrote what you meant.... You said your combine was discharging more material to the right (when viewed from behind), which is common in higher moisture conditions. But you then said you angled the discharge vanes to the right. If you moved them to the right, it will make your problem worse, they need to be adjusted left, especially the right of the two discharge vanes. The adjustable discharge vanes became standard on the 70 series, but I am guessing the guys that write the operators manuals have not caught up yet, becuase I also found such adjustments are not present in the book, in fact most guys don't know they are now adjustable. Owners of 50 series and 60 series combines can either buy the adjustable discharge vanes from parts or cut a slot in their own original discharge vane (thats all you get with the new vanes). Adjustment of these discharge vanes is important for uniform feeding into the chopper and even residue distribution. I wish they would make them adjustable from the outside of the combine.

It will be interesting to hear how your powercast performs when you get the material to enter the chopper more evenly. There are some adjustments to the powercast that also did not make it into the book.

Phil N

www.needhamag.com

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)