AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freightliner w N-14 won't start
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 8/17/2008 15:44 (#437138 - in reply to #436817)
Subject: RE: Freightliner w N-14 won't start

When you say it trys to start, but then quits, does the starter disengage or simply hold there with little pressure against it? If it diseangages, IMO, it still can be the cab switch. If it still holds pressure, just not enough to turn the engine, it is likely that ground cable from the frame to starter. If it were mine, I'd buy a new cable and go from one of the ground bolts you installed on the frame and go to the starter, and route it so as you can leave it there. That's really the only ground, IMO, that has any effect on the starter. That will bypass the possible faulty cable that wants to twist off as being part of the starter problem. Then you can twist all the studs off you want after harvest is over.;-) Bout the only other thing to do is figure out a way to know if the stud that wants to twist off gets warm when the starter is engaged. If it does, it is most likely the problem as that is where the amps and volts are being lost. If it does not get warm, I cant see where it would be the problem under that kind of draw.

99% of all electrical problems I ever have are ground caused. Its amazing how much battery powered things rely on a good ground.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)