AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar 2 and combine yield mapping problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 7/23/2008 18:26 (#420778 - in reply to #420696)
Subject: RE: Greenstar 2 and combine yield mapping problem

I have no idea if this is related or not, but this was posted on our forum by a very knowledgable person:

FWIW....
In the new Deere 70 series combines, the little Command Center screen is preloaded with certain Deere crop types.
I guess Deere cut out some of the crop types from the original crop type list (posted in the Deere FODM section).
Ex. They originally had 5 wheat types on the list but the new Command Center only reads 2 of them (according to Stellar Support).

So now your Commodity type must be Wheat(Hrd Rd Wtr) or I think Wheat(Hrd Rd Spr).  If you do not have the exact crop type on your card, the Command Center will default to Corn(Wet). This affects your saved moisure curves, etc. Not sure if it will evern record....but if it does, it will be saved as Corn(Wet).

When I put my card in the GS2.....I was using "Wheat" and the Command Center would not recognize it so it defaulted to "Corn(Wet)". It would not allow me to switch the Command Center to Wheat(Hrd Rd Wtr) until the commodity on my card was exactly the same.

When asked about this, Deere has responded with:

It looks like there is a DTAC case logged (NCCA #1659889 / Dtac Soln 72163) against this issue on the GS2/controller side.  I believe they will have a fix soon.  I will let you know when it is available.

I would check with your dealer on this before investing a lot of time on something that may be a monitor issue.    Or, there may be no connection with this to your issue.

Edited by Macy 7/23/2008 18:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)