AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NEW- JD Electric Row Shutoff for Planters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JDAMSGURU
Posted 7/23/2008 09:32 (#420547 - in reply to #419970)
Subject: Re: NEW- JD Electric Row Shutoff for Planters

The New rowcommand clutches are unique in the fact that it doesn't need all of the hoses, extra lines, boxes, gauges and compressors. You will no longer need a Rate Controller box with is all just extra hardware on the planter. The rowcommand/swath control feature is all part of the 09' seeding equipment. There was a planter 25 miles to the south of us with it on and the guys were very pleased. I talked with them last week after I had found out and they said they didn't have one problem with them. I can't say that for tru count, but don't get me wrong. The tru counts kicked butt this year and in all essence JD was behind and has been behind on some of the most captive innovations such as the row clutch or implement guidance. It seems as though Deere is a year or two behind on these technologies. The only big thing they have is iTec. The pretty much dropped on it's face this year, but as more people warm up to it you will see the advantages it has combining with Swath Control Pro and for that matter, less experienced operators. Well I'm not putting down Tru Count, and I'm not really pumping JD, but I will say there are some keen advantages to the ALL DEERE system compared to using third party people. I always stand behind the comment, "Don't be rainbow" meaning if you have JD, use JD AMS, if you have Red, use Trimble or whatever conglomeration they have to make it all work. Enough said.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)