AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD CCS planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/4/2008 13:48 (#409697 - in reply to #409419)
Subject: RE: JD CCS planter

Chebanse, IL.....

We have a 1790 CCS, no refuge tank. I've not seen any of the refuge tanks in this area (NE IL). CRW is a serious matter here. Poncho 1250 is not a solution here. So, we just run the tanks dry & fill both hoppers w/required amount of corn for our refuge acres. We have a Gandy Orbit Air that blows granular insecticides (any brand, including SmartBox containers) into the furrow. I know nothing about the JD liquid product, other than it looks complicated to me.

If you do NOT get the pro-shaft drives (speedometer type cable) then you can still get JD insecticide boxes on the units themselves. Again, that is with the chain drives. However, JD won't drive conventional insecticide boxes w/the pro-shaft & I do not understand why not.

Locally there are quite a few SmartBox attachments on the CCS planters also. Hauling, carrying & managing SmartBoxes can sometimes be a problem also. Then we have another neighbor that has conventional JD insecticide boxes mounted on SmartBox drive units. You may want to compare the cost of SB product to that in 50# bags. However, the Aztec in SB is more concentrated, therefore you can go further between insecticide fills. The won't sell the more concentrated product in bags. Again, I don't understand why not.

Presently it is against the law to mix conventional corn w/BT as your required 20% refuge. However, I believe the "mix" that may be coming down the road is actually a mix of 3 products. I don't think it's approved yet. I believe there is work being done to lessen the 20% requirement of non-RW Bt corn. But, that may not happen either. Sure would be nice if it did.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)