AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 9500 Unload Auger Tube Removal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 6/30/2008 22:17 (#407592 - in reply to #407394)
Subject: RE: JD 9500 Unload Auger Tube Removal

North Central Iowa

I helped my neighbor change his out on a 9610 this spring.  I have a scissors lift, so that's what we used.  We ended up using the backhoe to get it to slide the first few inches coming off and the last few going back on, a loader would work too, just the backhoe was easier to control and go slow.  The outer piece of flighting will come too, and you'll have to be sure to time it going back in.  There isn't anything there to support it when the tube is off and it just slips in and out, so out it comes.  If you have any neighbors with kicker balers, see if you can borrow a bale wagon to put a few planks on to work off of - they work almost as slick as a scaffold.  It might be worth a days rental of a scissors lift too, if you have a decent local rental yard.  The whole swap didn't take more than a couple hours (I had everything ready and had already repaired the slightly used tube we were replacing with before we got started).  The lift made it really nice because you can adjust your height as needed when putting it back together.  That thing is pretty daggone heavy with the flighting in it.

Good Luck,

Mike 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)