AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem with JD planter with VRD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dkastens
Posted 5/2/2008 21:23 (#370080)
Subject: Problem with JD planter with VRD

Rawlins County Kansas
Has anyone had any trouble with population rates staying on target with their JD planters this year (GS2, seedstar, hydraulic motors, Gen II)? Mine tends to run "hot" or about 500-1000 seeds/ac above the target rate. When I watch the performance data page it seems that the speed information coming in is erratic (un-smoothed) and typically higher than actual tractor speed. When I watch wheel speed, radar speed and gps speed on the GS2 console they are smoothed, essentially identical and are not at all erratic. If I lock the tractor in at 5.0 mph and hold it there the speed shown in the performance data page bounces from 4.9 mph to 5.6 mph. I know the planter is using this speed because the command speed and true speed of the motors bounces around with the shown (erratic) speed. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone fixed this problem? Is this "normal" behavior or do I have something missing or broke?

It's been snowing all afternoon so it looks like I have a couple of days to try to get this figured out.

Thanks,

Diet

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)