AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For you NE guys---- Your DOT did it again....but it came out OK........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 3/27/2008 12:41 (#343056)
Subject: For you NE guys---- Your DOT did it again....but it came out OK........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Our two semis are in middle NE today, picking up some equipment.

I got THE CALL a few minutes ago..............."Main Driver 2 just got ticketed at the scale house on I80 (west of Omaha) because his license plates are no good in NE, since we don't have reciprocity........we paid the ticket and are headed for the permit station."

Our trucks are licensed with "special" license plates, as are any trucks in Iowa which have the special farm licensing plating.  The plates have "special" printed on them.

(Now why the lead tractor didn't get ticketed for the same thing......????)

I ultimately talked with NE Enforcement..........a very take charge lady who wanted data, so I conferenced her into a call to the driver.  He gave her information......she said to NOT buy any permits until she got back to us.

Within just a few minutes, I received call from the Enforcement guy who had issued the ticket.

He apologized profusely, and said that he was voiding the ticket, for us to not buy any permits........

Nice guy.........I told him crap happens...........that we both learned something today...........but that I would really appreciate it if he could make sure the ticket did not show up in the Fed Safety database...........to which he replied that it should not since it was being voided, as compared to contested.

I'll check with IMTA to make sure on that latter..........but.............

Kudos to the NE DOT..............especially to the Lady Lieutenant...............handled it very well, and the field officer was not arrogant, etc etc seemed to be genuinely apologetic, and that goes a long ways.

And.......the other positive side..........that incident will be the topic of conversation for a while, and ought to keep those two youngsters from falling asleep at the wheel!

Edited by jakescia 3/27/2008 12:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)