AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone know what the law in IA is re: fences and trees??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 3/26/2008 15:56 (#342340)
Subject: Anyone know what the law in IA is re: fences and trees??

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Had attorney look it up........he cannot find anything conclusive......but he believes as I do...........per below.

I always ASSUMED that the law was that.............if the trees on the neighbor's side of the fence were hanging onto your side, that you could cut the overhanging portion without fear of legal action..........and, if the neighbor refused to fix it, you could have it done, and send a bill to the neighbor.

Or, the neighbor is allowed reasonable access to your property to fix the problem.........

I have the problem..........neighbor refuses to even allow us access to doze out all of the fenceline, but his trees are causing us difficulties............we offered to do it all, our cost, etc etc, since we have the equipment..............landlord told me it was ok with him, but for me to check with his tenant.

Tenant says nope, so landlord says.........gee, what can I do???

(Long history-----the tenant used to farm my places, but I had to terminate him-----so the neighbor is listening to his tenant about what a bad guy I am...........nice way for the tenant to poke it in my.......ear........without ramifications.............emotions always take precedent over common sense.............ain't humans neat!!!.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)