AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It worked. Installing late style Fan Resistor in early model magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 3/26/2008 14:10 (#342297 - in reply to #342293)
Subject: RE: It worked. Installing late style Fan Resistor in early model magnum

Kansas
Take your dikes and cut out the old resistors coil wiring on the old resistor so you have one less mess to contend with in your way. It isn't exactly roomy in there to work and your needing another hand almost to run the screw driver while the other two are holding the thing in place.

I decided against the silicon for 2 reasons. Really where it is at there should not become a moisture issue other than condensation and the other is if that should happen to get pretty warm up there like the original plug shows tell tale signs of, I didn't want to create a fire hazzard for myself thinking that silicone would ignite.

I'll give her a try this way for awhile and see how it goes. Maybe some of that electric grease they send out sometimes should of been used? Oh, well, first time attempt. fine tune as we go.

I think if you study the plug and look at the new resistor you might be able to trace how my wires went so you know how to wire it up. Otherwise, give me a shout or I'll look again today before I close everything up and list it tonite. I should write these things down. My memory is far from what it used to be.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)