AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kubota hydraulic shuttle or synchronized shuttle on a M5040?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 3/23/2008 12:49 (#340109 - in reply to #340094)
Subject: Re: Kubota hydraulic shuttle or synchronized shuttle on a M5040?

Just tell the help to shift the hydraulic shuttle to neutral, brake to more or less a stop, and then shift to reverse. Worst thing'll be to teach them to start in a low gear (probably not a problem doing work around the yard), don't coast to a stop in 4th high and throw the shuttle in reverse. A manual will try to stall and teach them they're doing something wrong but hydraulic will try to find a way to make it work if they used the shuttle lever and that'll wear the clutch pretty quick. I thought I wanted manual shuttle before I got my first hydraulic M9000 (needed the 9000 with cab but manual wasn't an option with that combo) but I wouldn't go back now. Depending on your help, they'll break whatever you give them if they're like that. Nothing's bulletproof, but I try to show everybody the right way myself and give them the best tools to do their job. For anything requiring lots of back and forth, hydraulic shuttle's much faster/nicer and you don't have to worry about them grinding the gears out of a manual shuttle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)