AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chevy 2500 vs Toyota 1/2 ton
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/5/2008 05:55 (#326161 - in reply to #326043)
Subject: RE: Chevy 2500 vs Toyota 1/2 ton

Chebanse, IL.....

We've never had a gooseneck on our 1/2 T pickups, only 3/4 & 1T trucks. But, the ones I've seen locally have been pretty disappointing looking. It doesn't take much of a pin load at all to make the 1/2T sag more than you like in back. You can fix that w/air bags, though there are still considerations, mostly tire loads, I think.

The other consideration is secondary shop maintenance. This might be a "here" thing, but small auto-truck repair businesses are still somewhat common "here". Labor rates are less than 1/2 of brand-dealer shops & parts are usually NAPA or other generic parts supplies, when possible. Most of them know where to quickly & economically get specific parts & sometimes the brand-name parts are best, or in fact the only thing available. But anyway, they do well with the GM-Ford-Chrysler products. They've been around a while & there's lots of them & usually some common construction within the brands. Spending time in "schools" isn't as common as with dealers, but the mechanics are usually 100% reasonable. At any rate, they don't often work on "imports", at least "here". Maybe they'll have to someday to stay in business, but I'm guessing many of them wouldn't. They'd close.

Personally I'd stick w/the GM-Ford-Chrysler products.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)