AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chevy 2500 vs Toyota 1/2 ton
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bushton4
Posted 3/4/2008 22:50 (#326043)
Subject: Chevy 2500 vs Toyota 1/2 ton

Dad recently started talking about getting a newer pick up, he thinks it is time move his daily driver on to greener pasture. We debated the gas vs diesel and I think he settled on a gas burner. The biggest load he will pull will be the gooseneck cattle trailer that will haul approx 8000 - 10000 lbs. I told him to think about looking at a newer Toyota Tundra 1/2 ton vs a Chevy 2500 with a 6.0L in it. The Toyota half ton has better hp, torque, mpg etc and is rated at 10,500 towing capacity vs the Chevy @ 12,000.
My thinking was for know more often than he drags a cattle trailer around get a Toyota just for better mpg and longevity and maybe haul one less cow when he goes to the sale.
Has anybody considered anything like this? Am I all wet on my logic thinking that the Toy 1/2 will replace a Chevy 3/4 if most of the applications are a lighter duty.
Was also thinking that by July or August with the economy slowing down that the truck dealers will be begging to deal with a cash customer that comes on the lot wanting to by a used truck outright. Any thoughts on the best time in the near future to buy?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)