AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Briggs & Stratton ELS gas motor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jack G
Posted 3/4/2008 11:19 (#325496 - in reply to #325309)
Subject: RE: Briggs & Stratton engines

Central Texas , Bastrop county
I can't comment on the new ELS engines, but I have had very good luck with all the Briggs engines that I own. There is 2 8 HP Briggs engines on generators, one of which is at least 16 years old, the other is about 10 years old. Both of those engines are pull start, and most times they start on the first pull. About the only trouble with the 16 year old one was recently I had to replace the pull starter clutch, a $14.00 item which was in stock at the nearest lawn care store. There is two riding mowers with 2 cylinder Briggs engines, one about 5 years old and one is about 12 years old. The 12 year old one is completely worn out,with the exception of the engine, it never gave any trouble. The 5 year old one is still working with absolutely no problems. I also have a log splitter with an 11 HP Briggs engine which works well, but it is fairly new, so I would not expect any trouble with that engine. All of those engines get reasonable care: regular oil changes, new filters when required, always shut down by shutting off the fuel so the carb is empty.

Jack
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)