AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

crp vs grain & land price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmerrob
Posted 2/22/2008 07:55 (#316471 - in reply to #316462)
Subject: RE: BooHoo!!

I agree with you on the price of grains not keeping up with oil. But I think the $4 per year for a familys' bread use might be off. I say that as that $4 more at the farmer level leads to closer to $20 or more at the consumer level still not that significant but it is all the mark ups between grain and bread that really drives up the costs. Plus farmers aren't as organized with a media blitz like the large food companies to spit out ads and newslines to the media about how they are having such ahard with all this high prices they are paying to farmers misleading the consumer into thinking that we are the ones causing their higher prices and that we are getting rich. I did see a fact the other day that said something like in 1920 Americans spent more than 20% of their income on food and today it is 10%......

To answer original question. Yes, you will see land come out of CRP. I know of some that had trees about 4" in diameter that have been removed from fields and then mowed off readying them for production. I also know that when some of ours runs out it will be brought back into production; most likely hay and the current hay ground will revert back to row crops.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)