AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The telephone call started with..."Well, we had a little mishap today........"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 2/8/2008 19:44 (#304882 - in reply to #304814)
Subject: Re: The telephone call started with..."Well, we had a little mishap today........"

Brazilton KS
First off, I am very glad that it turned out well for everyone.

I was hooking up a lilliston cultivator on the 4430 some years ago, by myself, behind the bins with aeration fans running. I don't recall the exact course of events, but at some point I struck the top link with something to get it to pop down onto the ball. It popped up instead. Cultivator rolled forward, either the coulters sunk in the dirt or it slipped off of blocks, don't remember. I was between the toolbar and the rear tire of the tractor. Not a good thing. Completely helpless, or so it seemed, I yelled and yelled to no avail. Finally, progressed on to the "better figure out what to do about this" stage. I was able to reach the pin and remove the top link, then used it to hammer on the rockshaft control linkage to get the lower links to come up and lift the cultivator enough I could slip out. I was one very relieved puppy at that point.

I suppose thinking about that incident is a good thing......when it is in my mind it tends to stop me from doing stupid things which I otherwise might do.

Anyway, thanks for relating the incident Jake, and thank God that everyone was able to get away with nothing more then a severely elevated heart rate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)