AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wanted Pictures of Nurse Trailer plumbing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/9/2006 11:43 (#25043 - in reply to #24912)
Subject: Re: Wanted Pictures of Nurse Trailer plumbing

Thumb of Michigan
Life is too short to screw around with dry AMS. We started using liquids about 5 years ago, and REALLY like the advantages. Maybe our sources of dry weren't as good, I don't know. We felt the dry was hard on pumps and plumbing, and we were having trouble with impurities (like rust particles) in the dry. And my old back just doesn't like hoisting unruly sacks of anything anymore.
We've treated complete tanks of H2O with AMS, like that a lot better than field treating when using dry. I think its OK as long as the water is all used up same day as mixing. We maybe didn't need too, but we'd agitate the tanks every morning if they weren't emptied the previous day.
We've always ran our cones on the input side of the pumps. Doesn't make it right, just easy to do. I currently use 2 cones, I want to move everything into a van trailer this winter. I'll plumb in 1 more cone when I do, and make provisions for a 4th. Sprayer is spraying while another load is getting mixed, and I'm using enough additives or combos that I want to keep seperate until we fill. And its speeding up fill time. I think that we're getting pretty good mixing of the product by running chems through the pump with water, but thats just a gut feeling. I also have some simple agitation lines running to the cones, I can mix stuff up pretty well before it goes to the sprayer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)