AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wanted Pictures of Nurse Trailer plumbing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/9/2006 12:27 (#25053 - in reply to #24960)
Subject: The problem with liquid products

Brazilton KS
I'm sure most of the liquid products are just as good as AMS or any other sprayable nitrogen source.  The problem is, like with most snake oil products, they do not sell it as if it is equal, they attempt to convince you that by using their product you can get by with 1/3, 1/10, or even less then what you need.  Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.  If you need 50 lbs of Ammonium Sulfate per 500 gallons of water, that is what you need, and putting the ammonium sulfate in some liquid form dilutes it....it sure as heck doesn't make it ten times more concentrated.  "I've used it for two years and it works fine" is what I'm sure I'm about to hear now...great, go with it.  But keep in mind that you can use no AMS at all and it will work great, also, except for when it fails.  And you can use 1/2 the chemical rates and it will work great more often then not, except when it doesn't.  Probably even 1/3.  Using 1/3 rates of some chemicals when they will probably work often makes good economic sense because it will quickly save enough money to pay for the problems when they come up.   Other products, such as glyphosate, are so cheap today that I'd consider paring rates to be rather foolish.  Using 1/10th of the needed ammonium sulfate but paying five times as much per unit for it doesn't leave much room for those savings to accumulate for the inevitible problem when it occurs. 
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)